Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pasta dish

I made this dish a couple of times in the last few weeks.  It's pretty good, and healthy.  I don't really have an exact recipe, I just kind of put some ingredients together.
  • Turkey Sausage (or regualar sausage)
  • Penne noodles (or I'm sure speghetti would work well too)
  • Canned, diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings (Basil, Oregeno)
  • Spinach
Brown the sausage.  Set aside.  In the same pan, poor the canned tomatoes in and let simmer.  I used the back of a large spoon to break up the tomatoes even more.  While the tomato sauce is cooking, cook the noodles as directed.  A few minutes before serving, add the sausage, spinach, and pasta to the tomatos.  Cook a few minutes, till the spinach is wilted.  Serve, and enjoy!


P.S  I just made this recipe up.  I think I was served a similar dish by my sister-in-law several years ago, and just kind of put together this recipe from what I could remember.  So I'm sure there are many changes or additions to the recipe that would make it even better.

1 comment: