Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I thank my God upon every remembrance of you

(Philippians 1:3)

My heart is so full today, and I want to write about it. 

I have a new favorite song.  Call it my theme song.  Here are the lyrics.

I have a dream, a song to sing
To help me cope with anything
If you see the wonder of a fairy tale
You can take the future even if you fail
I believe in angels
Something good in everything I see
I believe in angels
When I know the time is right for me
I’ll cross the stream - I have a dream

I have a dream, a fantasy
To help me through reality
And my destination makes it worth the while
Pushing through the darkness still another mile
I believe in angels
Something good in everything I see
I believe in angels
When I know the time is right for me
I’ll cross the stream - I have a dream
I’ll cross the stream - I have a dream


I've been really enjoying this song for awhile because it affects me on many different levels--the personal changes I'm making in my life and so on.  But, this song took on a whole new meaning when...

A friend of mine passed away suddenly yesterday.

We weren't best friends, but good casual friends.  She cut my family's hair and she made me feel great whenever I saw her.  I am heartbroken.  I just talked to her on Monday.

How short life is!  How fragile it is!  Do I have my priorities straight?  What really matters?  People matter!  Love matters!  Have I told my family and friends how much I love them lately?  Do I focus on the important things, or do I get caught up in the nonsense of day-to-day things?  

And what of that dream?  Well, I hope you don't mind me relating the gospel to an ABBA song, but it seems to fit for me.  Because I have a dream of that final destination, I can push through the darkness of this for still another mile.

And yet, I know my friend.  I can hear her voice saying to me, "Becky, why are you so sad?  It's just me.  I'm just fine.  Don't you worry.  Go on now, be happy."  And so I am trying to be happy.  I trust Heavenly Father.  I know He knows what's best.  And I am so grateful to have rubbed shoulders with this wonderful woman for a few short years.

Thanks for listening.  I just want you all to know that I love each of you, and I appreciate your influence in my life as well.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Becky. That's gotta be hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Becky.

    It's a good reminder. Sometimes when Elaine goes to bed after a struggle (not all nights but some) and I don't really feel like kissing her good night (those are just the really bad nights) I try to remember that I don't know what the next day will bring, so I kiss her goodnight and tell her I love her. Life is so precious.

    ReplyDelete