Friday, February 25, 2011

Strogaburgers

Here's a great and healthy recipe I tried this week--my friend also has a great blog about eating healthy, and this and all of her recipes rock.

Enjoy!

http://eatplaylove4life.blogspot.com/

Strogaburgers
1 pound lean ground turkey
6 slices turkey bacon, sliced  (I confess I used the real stuff.) 
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 TBSP flour
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. paprika
Dash pepper
1 can fat free cream of mushroom soup
1 cup fat free sour cream
Whole wheat hamburger buns

Place ground turkey and bacon in skillet. Cook and stir until meat is browned. Add onion and cook until tender. Spoon off excess fat. Blend flour, salt, paprika and pepper into meat. Stir in soup. Cook, uncovered, on medium-low heat about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often. Serve in buns. (The Orowheat Sandwich Thins were great.)

2 comments:

  1. That sounds good! I love stroganoff so I might have to try this.

    When do you add the sour cream? Or is it just a topping?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sour cream is part of the sauce, so you put it in with the soup. It's mighty good. Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete