Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Negative Effects

I learned something today. 

I was feeling guilty about something, and even though I tried to talk myself out of it, I was having a really hard time letting it go. 

However, I found myself becoming more frustrated with little things Drew did (waving a spoon around full of cottage cheese) and the like.  Finally, I realized that although I was treating Drew as normal (at least to my view), my guilt and worrying were negatively affecting our interactions.

Once I realized this, I let my guilt and anger with myself go.  It was a huge breakthrough to me.  Although I've always understood this concept, now I realize that harboring my guilt hurts me...but it also hurts my family. 

2 comments:

  1. I know that feeling. I often find myself extra short on patienc if I have a lot of negative thoughts running through my head. I'll be snapping at the girls, the dog, cameron, for no good reason.

    Your so good at realizing the problem, and making the needed changes. Me, I recognize the problem, and don't do anything to change. I need to work on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not good at changing my mood or attitude, either. I need to improve that.

    ReplyDelete