Wednesday, February 9, 2011

When you just need to vent

I have a question for all you amazing ladies.

What do you do when you just need to vent?  Specifically, if you need to vent ABOUT someone.  I try to avoid negative talk about other people (family, friends, etc.), but I know it seems that, especially for us girls, it can rid a lot of the thoughts running around in our brains, it we just vent, and GET. IT. OUT!

So I feel like I can either be stuck in a fowl mood, with lots of negative feeling and thoughts bottled up (like Becky's previous post) or vent and then feel horrible because I gossiped about someone I care about.



P.S.  I hope I'm not dominating this blog too much.  I feel like I put up posts all the time.  I just love blogging, and love being able to "communicate" with you girls so much!  Let me know if I need to back off.

2 comments:

  1. Please don't back off of posting! I'm just not very good about writing blog posts. I have a post that I've been working on for a couple of weeks, I just haven't finished it yet. I love hearing from you!

    As for needing to vent, Brian is the one who hears all my venting. (He doesn't like it so much!) Sometimes, though, you just need a girl who can understand things like you do, so I usually go to someone who doesn't know anyone involved and I'm vague on the details about "who" so that I can get it out and maybe some advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, please keep it up, Leisa! I love it too, and you have such good things to say. Venting is hard because you do worry about gossip, and you don't want to hurt anybody at all. I do as Steph does--I choose somebody in whom I have absolute trust that is very far removed from the situation--like, as in miles. And then I just let er rip and I feel much better. And I know that my choice in a listening ear is safe and that I don't need to fear anything getting back that would hurt feelings. Need to vent, friend? We are always here for you.

    ReplyDelete