Thursday, January 27, 2011

I'm addicted

I actually have several addictions.  Diet soda, chocolate (which I have a love/hate relationship with right now because it gives me HORRIBLE heartburn during this pregnancy), and reading blogs.  Primarily fitness/running blogs.  I like to live vicariously through these other ladies 10 mile long runs since running more than about 20 minutes has become a little bit difficult lately.  I know that not everyone has the same love of running that I do, but I just wanted to share some blogs that I've come across that you might find interesting.  In my search for running blogs, occasionally I'll come across a person who is member of the church.  Which always excites me.  You'd think that since I'm surrounded by members here in Utah, it wouldn't be a big deal, but the cyber world is quite large and church members aren't quite as easy to come by.  Anyways, here's a few ladies that I've really enjoyed following their stories.

Hungry Runner Girl  This is written by Janae.  She lives in Provo, is a high school teacher, and is working toward a sub three hour marathon (less than 7:00 minute miles, amazing!)  She talks openly about being a member of the church, and she is just an amazing girl who oozes positivity.

The Lawsons did Dallas  This is written by Amy.  I think she lives somewhere in the northeast, I can't really remember.  She is also a runner, but talks mostly about her life as a mother.  She is really funny.  I do have to warn you that even though she is a member, she still has a little bit of a colorful vocabulary.  Nothing horrible, but I just wanted to warn everyone.

If I can't convince you...  This is written my EMZ (not sure what her real name is).  She lives in Arizona.  Again, she's a runner, but incorperates a lot of her life as a mother also.  Her writing style is a little unique, but it's still been to follow her stories also.  Plus, she has an amazing 6-pack.  That's enough to inspire me to do a few sit-ups.

nieniedialogues  This is written by Stephanie.  She lives in Provo.  Not a runner.  But she has a pretty amazing story.  A couple years ago she was in a plane crash with her husband, they both survived, but suffered a lot of burns.  She is really inspiring!

Anyways, just thought I'd share a little of what I spend my free time doing.  Plus, I think it's really neat to "run into" LDS members on the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment